Thursday, February 15, 2007

another Azla pg!

Okay. So I continue the learning curve. But this page felt like a little more successful. I was due to the readingof a book (recommended by Le-mec) by the legendary artist Will Eisner called "Comics and Sequential art". What a great read!! Best piece of advice that I got from it was that Mr. Eisner said he was not in the business of drawing but much rather he was in the business of communicating. That simple statement really rang true to me and reallly helped me with this page. and so goes the learning....

9 Comments:

Blogger Sylvain Guinebaud said...

This book of Eisner help all of us...
read too "understanding comics" by Scott Mc Cloud.
So, your work is very good!!

12:30 AM  
Blogger AlanS said...

Hey Robin-

Really Nice stuff!

I met you in Chicago at wms.
(i went for an interview)

Good to see you are still drawing up a storm.

And again nice work!

Alan

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cudos to you Robin!

I see a big improvement from the other two pages to this one. I get much more a sense of a story being told with this page then I did with the other two pages (the illustrations are great on all of them).

Keep up the great work!

6:39 AM  
Blogger K.B. said...

cool stuff buddy. Glad your reading Eisner. True genious of the medium. That's what alot of todays comic artists forget,..it's about selling a story and idea, not a cool pose.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Dennis DeMercer said...

Wow man, that is so great! I'm so excited to see this thing in it's entirety.

Great stuff Robin!
Dennis

11:54 PM  
Blogger Antonio Santamaria said...

I love the narrative of this last page... great composition too!!!
It promises a lot!!!! I'm waiting to see more stuff about it!!!!
Saludos!

7:03 AM  
Blogger PEPE said...

thanks everyone!!

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great style...compliments

saludos

fra

1:35 PM  
Blogger Darryl Young said...

Looking forward to this, it's going to by amazing!!!!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home