Wednesday, April 07, 2010

It's been a long time coming!

I would like to start off by thanking folks for the kind emails and for the friends who pushed me to get back to drawing more and posting as well. Even though I haven't been posting much I have been drawing more lately but it has been resigned to drawing on my 40 min. commutes back home at night and I have just been to buzy and lazy to post those drawing so please forgive me :)
I must say things have changed for the positive the last few months since I have made my way back into an animation studio (Studio B). The people I have met there are stellar talents and swell folks who constantly make laugh my ass off all day long while I draw my butt off.

Anyhow here is the image I did and below that is the video of me drawing it. It took one me just over a hour from beginning to end. But for the video i speed it up 2 times so it's just over 15min to watch the whole thing. Enjoy!




http://vimeo.com/10766294

17 Comments:

Blogger Tibo3D said...

Nice drawing!!
And thank's for the video!! It's really interesting to see how you draw!
Hope there will be other!!

2:20 AM  
Blogger Scribbler said...

nice work. cool to see the process, i can never start with just the head i have to have amatchstick man type ruff drawing on a layer underneath

2:36 AM  
Blogger DJ Zutkovic said...

Awesome! Its great to see others draw I find, seeing other peoples perspectives! its eerie! haha very nice work!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Art of Don Dixon said...

dope man! congrats on the new gig!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Doris' said...

Welcome back & Thanks for the video!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Adrian Lubbers said...

About time Robin. We all missed you!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Ryan Summers said...

Great to hear you're back in animation Robin. Seeing the video makes me think of the old days sitting across from your cube! Glad to have you back online posting the goodness.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Paul Linsley said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Paul Linsley said...

Beautiful Work! I really dig your drawing.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Tooninator said...

thanks for the video. Always great to see a talented artist do their thing

8:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool character. Nice vehicle design, too. Looks legit!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Always great to see your work, Robert. Thank you for sharing!! I hope you'll do another sketchbook/artbook one of these days. Keep up the awesomeness!!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Sorry, ROBIN, not Robert, don't know what I was thinking there, haha.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Angeliki said...

Hehehe Sketchbook Pro rulez!!!Just 'found' you! Love your work!!

8:37 AM  
Blogger chromasketch said...

awesome video.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Judi said...

Info provided here is very useful.

quickpayportal

5:31 AM  
Blogger Emma james said...

mymedicalpayments
mybalancenow
shareit
tutuapp apk
getmydisneyvisa

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home